The Geek joins the Cult of Mac

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Geek Vs. Mac (Part 2)

Hi folks and welcome to the first ever Geek Vs. Mac blog...

This is the 2nd part of a post from my main blog located at RobbieTheGeek.Com. I am writing this blog on my MacBook Pro this is a unique situation for me, this is my first Macintosh based computer and my first ever laptop. I am having fun getting used to having a laptop and not being tethered to my messy desk. So here I sit on my couch typing away while my wife is doing homework (she graduates in a little less then a month) not 2 feet from me.

So since I purchased my MacBook Pro the 17" was announced (two days after I bought mine) and my laptop is no longer top of the line. It is an amusing concept that I for years have tried to get across to none technical people, it is impossible to have the latest and greatest for very long when it comes to the world of computers. I am an aspiring web designer / developer, and I am trying to find replacement pieces of software for everything I was using on my windows box for working on web sites. So far it has been hit or miss trying to find exact replacements for those applications, one great application that I used heavily was GIMP so far there isn't an official MacIntel universal binary but the X11 version available directly from Apple seems to work fine. I am still searching for a html/css editor to replace my beloved NotePad++ but I playing with a few text editors at the moment...

Be back with everyone soon and Please pass any tips tbhis Mac Newbies way :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home